Monday, April 6, 2009

Ammendment to the Following Blog

I realized this morning that I forgot to mention what software Martina and I used for our soundscape. It's really not 100% relevant to my discussion, but I figured for the sake of sciencey type accuracy, I should at least note it.

When the files were recorded with my phone (a crappy Nokia thing that does little more than let me communicate with the planet), they were saved in AMR format. So after I uploaded the files to my PC (I have a data link cord thing) I downloaded a freeware program called FormatFactory to convert all my files quickly to MP3s. I then used a Blaze Audio program called Rip Edit Burn (something I've had since high school when I was doing a lot of powerpoint projects that needed music mixed to the correct times. It was well worth the $20 I spent way back then and has become even more useful now for creating my own ringtones) to cut out the individual line I wanted to use from each file, then mix them back into one big poem.

Since we did our parts individually, I have no clue what Martina's got. See her blog for more on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment